Getting started with a print newsletter
To produce a quality print newsletter, you need design and content:
- A newsletter template designed for your needs
- Knowledge of best newsletter practices, from layout to tone
- An understanding of your target audience
- Purpose and goals, for example, to convey information, to help a nonprofit with fundraising, or to foster a sense of community
- Ideas for suitable content to fill each issue, both regular columns and articles
- The ability to write well — or an editor who can edit your writing
Print newsletter services
You might just need help designing or redesigning your newsletter. Or you might want a professional newsletter writing service. I can produce your newsletter from the design and idea generation stage to getting it to the printer.
I offer these newsletter writing and design services:
- Discuss the needs and message of your organization or company with you to generate content ideas and newsletter organizational structure.
- Design a newsletter template around your branding, message, and content needs.
- Write one or two newsletter issues in consultation with you. This option allows you to continue to write your newsletter on your own at a more professional level.
- Provide a guidebook of newsletter best practices (content and design), tailored to your your newsletter and your needs.
- Write ongoing content for your newsletter and prepare your newsletter for print.
- Edit the newsletter content that you write.
If you live in or near Kalamazoo, Michigan, I can meet you in person to discuss your newsletter and to help you produce it. But I can work with you anywhere in the world via email, phone, and Skype.
Contact me for a free consultation.